World-Class Resource & Strong Preliminary Economical Assessment Results
- Resource calculation: 48.6 million tonnes indicated at 3.97% Cg and 34.7 million tonnes inferred at 4.08% Cg on the South-East, South-West and West zones (true width and outcropping at surface). Strip ratio of 0.94:1.0.
- PEA Highlights
- Pre-tax Net Present Value (NPV) of $403.7 million at an 8% discount rate;
- After-tax NPV of $237.0 million at an 8% discount rate;
- Pre-tax Internal Rate of Return (IRR) of 31.2%;
- After-tax IRR of 24.7%;
- Life of Mine (LOM) of 25.7 years;
- Mine Pay Back estimated at 2.9 years (Pre Tax);
- Mine Pay Back estimated at 3.5 years (After Tax);
- LOM Revenue of $2,430.9 million (Life of Mine revenue);
- LOM Earnings Before Interest, Tax, Depreciation and Amortization (EBITDA) of $1,586.7 million;
- Initial Capital Costs (Capex) of $144.5 million (including contingency of $22.4 million);
- Operating Expenditures (Opex) of $32.95 million per year or $660 per tonne of concentrate;
- Average sales price of graphite concentrate at $1,492 USD per tonne;
- Annual average full production of 49,921 tonnes of graphite concentrate;
- 4.48% Cg average grade LOM graphite content contained in the mineralization;
- Graphite milling recovery above 89.5%;
- Finished product/ concentrate purity >97.1% Cg;
- Stripping ratio (LOM) of 0.94:1.
- USD$/CAD conversion rate of 1.28.
For more information on our PEA, please click here.
Metallurgical Test Results - West Zone Master Composite
|Concentrate Flake Size Mass Distribution (%) and Total Carbon Grade (Ct %)|
* All total carbon measured by LECO SC632
An Ideal Location - Another Important Asset
- Only 130 km north of Montreal;
- In proximity of the only producing graphite mine in North America owned by Imerys;
- Accessible year round via public roads;
- Connected to the most affordable electrical grid in North America;
- Easy access to water;
- Next to a town of 2,500 people who can provide skilled labor.
Good Financial Situation
- Strong support from key institutional shareholders, including:
- Desjardins (largest association of credit unions in North America);
- Sodémex (A mining investment fund controlled by the Caisse de dépôts du Québec which is the second biggest pension fund in Canada);
- FTQ (Québec’s largest central labour body);
- SIDEX (major institutional fund established by the Government of Québec to invest in mineral exploration companies in Québec).
- Matrix Advisors of New York City.
- Dundee Corporation of Toronto.