NOUVEAU MONDE’S GRAPHITE
THE GRAPHITE OF OUR MATAWINIE PROPERTY IS OF GREAT QUALITY AND HAS THE PROPERTIES REQUIRED FOR PROCESSING VALUE-ADDED GRAPHITE PRODUCTS.
NOUVEAU MONDE’S MINE HOLDS HIGH QUALITY MINERAL, IDEAL FOR ITS TRANSFORMATION INTO VALUE-ADDED GRAPHITE PRODUCTS
In 2015 we discovered an important world-class deposit on our Matawinie property in Saint-Michel-des-Saints. Metallurgical tests using samples from the Nouveau Monde graphite deposit revealed a large distribution of flake sizes.
Large flakes (+80 mesh) and very large (+50 mesh) represent approximately 48% of the total weight. The latter are the best candidates for the production of expandable graphite and have an significant economic value in the traditional graphite market.
Flake quality also comes from the fact that it is possible to reach purity levels exceeding 97% after a simple flotation process.
The high purity levels as well as the size and distribution of our graphite concentrate flakes allow us to transform our sustainable resource into high quality graphite products.
THE STRATEGIC LOCATION OF OUR MINING PROJECT, 150 KM NORTH OF MONTREAL, IS ANOTHER COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE FOR OUR GRAPHITE ON THE EXPANDING NORTH AMERICAN GRAPHITE MARKET.
NOUVEAU MONDE WILL BENEFIT FROM AN INCREASING DEMAND, ESPECIALLY BECAUSE OF THE QUALITY OF OUR GRAPHITE BUT ALSO THANKS TO OUR PROXIMITY TO INFRASTRUCTURES AND to THE NORT-AMERICAN MANUFACTURERS’ MARKETS.
– Éric Desaulniers, Nouveau Monde Graphite President and CEO
NORTH AMERICAN GRAPHITE TRIANGLE
HIGHLIGHTS FROM OUR GRAPHITE RESOURCE – MATAWINIE PROPERTY
|+50 mesh||+80 mesh||+100 mesh||-100 mesh|
- Size: Large graphite ressource located on the surface (Sterile ratio: ore 1 : 1)
- Quality: Large (+80 mesh) and very large flakes (+48 mesh) make up about 48% of the total weight.
- Purity: Concentration with a purity above 97,3% Cg and a recuperation index of 97,4% thanks to a single flotation procedure.
NOUVEAU MONDE’S GRAPHITE:
A WORLD CLASS RESSOURCE
- 14 linear km of conductive anomalies are caused by graphitic mineralization, generally classified as 3% to 7% carbon graphite.
- Resource estimate. South Zone (March 2017)
- Indicated: 26,3Mt @ 3.73% Cg
- Presumed: 19,2Mt @ 3.67% Cg
- 1.7Mt of graphite
MARKETING OF OUR GRAPHITE PRODUCTS
Our graphite project is booming. In 2018, we begin the operations of our demonstration plant where will will test our procedures and operations to produce and market our first tonnes of graphite concentrate. Nouveau Monde’s demonstration plant will produce 2 000 tonnes of graphite concentrate over a two year period and it will be fueled by the mineralization of the Western Zone deposit on our Matawinie property.
the marketing stage, coming soon at great steps, is very exciting for us. The excellent granulometric distribution of our deposit and the high potential of purity of the flakes should reflect positively on the value of our produts,. in addition, it would allow us to pursue several markets and diversify our product portfolio to satisfy a vast customer base.
– Éric Desaulniers, Nouveau Monde President and CEO
NOUVEAU MONDE’S GRAPHITE PRODUCTS
Apart from custom made products to satisfy the demands of certain markets and clients, Nouveau Monde’s marketed graphite products offered in 2018 are:
- NMG Flake +50
- NMG Flake +150
- NMG Flake +80
- NMG Fine Flake
The contents will be between 94 and 98 % Cg.
In 2018, two processes for value-added graphite products will be operated in the demonstratration plant. These two processes concern:
- NMG-EXP9698 expandable graphite
- NMG-SG9995 spherical graphite for anode material manufacture, targeting the lithium-ion battery market